Collection of information
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- email address;
- account information;
- type of internet browser or hardware device you are using;
- IP address; and
- details regarding your general use of the Service (including information we may observe, derive and infer from use of the Service).
Payment information (Paypal/Stripe)
When purchasing a product from our online shop, you will use either your Paypal or Stripe account. This means that we have access to (although we do not download or store); card type and registered address, last 4 digits of your card only, expiry date and the email address associated with your account.
Each time someone visits www.spitefulpuppet.com we use the third party service Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to establish things such as visitor numbers to different pages. This information is processed in a manner which does not identify individuals and we do not make or allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visitors.
The Legal Basis under which we are collecting this data is ‘Contractual’; in order to offer the services which you have chosen to purchase from us and ‘Consent’; where you have indicated that you wish to receive certain information from us.
How is your personal data used?
We will use the personal data you provide to us to:
- provide you with personalised use of the Service;
- share your personal data with other our partners (detailed below);
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- develop our offers and the structure of the Service to ensure that the Service is as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- contact you; and
With whom is your personal data shared?
We do not sell you data for marketing purposes but we may disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- with service providers that facilitate, assist in the provision of, or help us to improve the Service (e.g. payment processing). These service providers only have access to personal information necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and you can opt out of this usage by contacting us with your request.
We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of the Service in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
Finally, in the event of a reorganisation, sale or takeover we may need to disclose personal data.
The requirements of Data Protection Laws
- we will only collect sufficient personal data for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal data up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal data longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will not transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Economic Area unless safeguards are in place to protect your personal data to the standards that apply within the EEA.
How long do we hold Personal Information?
We will retain personal information for a period of up to 7 years in order for us to fulfil our accounting and taxation responsibilities and in line with our standard company practice.
Access to your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information about you that we hold. Email your request to our Data Controller, Gary Haberfieldat firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory. The cookies used on our site are listed below. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our Service or other websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner’s website here. Furthermore, whilst we do not use third party marketing cookies, you can learn more about these and how to delete them here. By using the Service you consent to us using the following cookies:
|PHP Session Cookies – This is a temporary cookie file, which is erased when you close your browser or when you log out, and it automatically expires 20 minutes if the session is idle. The cookie is used to remember your session, your connection to the website and your timezone.
|These are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created the cookie, the website will not recognise you. You will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your preferences/themes again if the site uses these features. A new session cookie will be generated, which will store your browsing information and will be active until you leave the site and close your browser.|
|Persistent Cookies||These cookies will be used in future to show ads to users who may be interested in a particular product or service and to measure the performance of an ad campaign for businesses. These cookies may also be used to measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same user. These cookies may also be used to display ads based on your activity on third party websites.||These files stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file.
|To store your preferences or to display content based upon what you view on our site to personalise your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Service or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
|Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored as well as how that data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.|
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
- we store the personal data you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited;
- we restrict access to personal information to those of our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Service;
- we take reasonable security measures (including physical security measures) and operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems;
- we follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we have received it; and
Our Service is not aimed at children. However, we may collect data of individuals under 18 years of age from time to time. Where we do we will ensure that all processing and information provided is appropriate to the age of the individual.
Links to other websites
The Service may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data, please contact us. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Last updated on 1stMay 2018.